Army of the Shenandoah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Army of the Shenandoah

Home of the free historic WarSim-RPG ''Army of the Shenandoah''

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Welcome to the Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Welcome to the Game Vide
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Game   Welcome to the Game I_icon_minitime31.05.16 12:11

Good day,

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome all of you to the game.  As you may already know the game is a hybrid of two games.  Kris and I have been working on this idea for some time.  You are well familiar with the SOW game and it will be in this forum that all conflicts will be resolved.  The second half of the game will be new to you.  In its simpilist form it is a role playing game.  The purpose of this portion of the game will have you take on the persona of a Civil War commander and assume the responsibilities of that commander.  Have a look at the posts in the Stars and Bars thread as an example of the role playing.  These are very extensive and obviously your initial posts most likely will not be as detailed.  Hopefully, as you become more familiar with the game your posts will become more detailed.  Eventually, the ability of your command to function and perform to a high level will depend upon on the amount of details in your post.  From time to time, if necessary, I may send you a post to point out some details that may have improved the function of your command.  For example if a commander issues the order to move from point A to point B your subordinates may not move as quickly as expected.  On the other hand if you send orders to your commanders stating to move from point A to point B in a specific order of march, an hour which you expect them to move and the specific route they are to travel they will march with much more clarity.  But I must stress please do your posts at a level you feel comfortable with and let them evolve.  Hopefully, as time goes on you will want to become more involved in the development of your character.  If you have any questions please feel free to send me a PM.

I will apologize in advance for my lack of detailed computer knowledge.  Some of the templates have been adopted from another game and some of them for one reason or another do not always work.  For example if you wish to do a biography let me know and I’ll send you an email with a template that should work.  Keep your copy because if you want to modify it you will have to do the work in this copy then repost it.  If you try to just edit the post in the game it becomes scrambled.  

Just for now I am not too sure on how many players will be participating so chosing which army you wish to have your command in will have to wait for now, but you may send to me your preference.  I hope we will have even sides.  I’m sure that Kris will have a handle on this since he has been involved in SOW for some time now.  Also, if you could send to me and avatar you wish to use I can begin to set up your avatar picture.  I’ll have to wait to see which side and rank you will be before they are completed.

Most of all this game is for us to all have some fun while learning a bit more about the trials and tribulations of a Civil War commander.  

Your obedient servant,

Robert
Back to top Go down
https://19thcenturywbts.forumotion.com

Welcome to the Game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Army of the Shenandoah :: General Information :: New Member Welcome Area-